Halloween is one of the most celebrated traditions of all time. Everyone dresses up in different costumes, goes to Halloween parties, or goes Trick or Treating. Particular treat kids enjoy this time of the year is bringing out their train sets and laying them out for a holiday. Here are ideas to spice up Halloween train layouts with your kids.
Ideas for Halloween Train Layouts:
Decorate your train layout.
There are about a gazillion ways to spruce up your kid’s train setup. For starters, you could decorate the layout, and since it is Halloween, why not use candies? Infuse some of your and your kid’s favorite Halloween candies into the design. You could decorate according to color, size, shape, etc. If you aren’t so stoked about using candies, you could also go for play dough for kids. Either way, you add a unique touch to the entire train layout.
- Incorporate ideas from your favorite Halloween books into your train layout.
Bring some of your kid’s favorite train books to life this Halloween season. If you need an extra hand with what books to use, check out these fantastic books on Amazon:
- Goodnight Train Halloween: A Halloween Book for Kids by June Sobel.
- All Aboard the Spooky Express: A Halloween Thrill Ride by Eric James.
- The Little Engine That Could (Original Classic Edition).
- Where Do Steam Trains Sleep at Night? (Where Do…Series).
- Thomas & Friends 5-Minute Stories: The Sleepytime Collection.
- Insert some wooden castles for a little adventure.
Kids love castles! Who wouldn’t want to live in a huge, gigantic house with many servants attending to your needs? So why not place some of these wooden mansions in your train layout? You and your kid could try to rescue a little princess holed up in the castle from the scary monster Frankenstein. Or you could create a tournament where different spooky characters battle each other to earn the chance to be the king of the castle! There are many ways to develop stories revolving around these beloved castles.
If you are looking for easy-to-setup castles that won’t break the bank, here are some you can buy.
- Melissa & Doug Deluxe Folding Medieval Wooden Castle.
- PAW Patrol, Rescue Knights Castle HQ with Action Figures.
- KidKraft Pirate’s Cove Wooden Ship Play Set with Lights and Sounds.
- Melissa & Doug Fold and Go Wooden Castle Dollhouse With Wooden Dolls and Horses.
- FAO SCHWARZ (150 Piece Set) Wooden Castle Building Blocks Set.
You and your kids can adorn your train sets with beautiful candies, create your very own colorful stories, or bring the stories of others to life. With these train layout ideas, Halloween becomes more memorable for you and your family. And guess what? You can do it all by yourself!
For more information on other ideas for your and your kid’s Halloween train layout, call Charles Ro to help you!